Thursday, April 1, 2010

Param Sant Kabir’s Godly Transformation. {12.}

Param Sant Kabir’s Godly Transformation. {12.}
****

“Says Kabir, I have gone insane. Slaughtering, slaughtering my mind,
I have merged into the Celestial Lord.
When the stream flows into the Ganges, then it becomes the Ganges.
Just so, Kabir has become the Lord.
He has become the Embodiment of Truth, and he does not go anywhere else.
Associating with the sandalwood tree, the tree nearby is changed;
that tree begins to smell just like the sandalwood tree.
Coming into contact with the philosophers’ stone, copper is transformed;
that copper is transformed into gold.
In the Society of the Saints, Kabir is transformed;
that Kabir is transformed into the Lord.
Some apply ceremonial marks to their foreheads,
hold malas in their hands, and wear religious robes.
Some people think that the Lord is a play-thing.
If I am insane, then I am Yours, O Lord.
How can people know my secret?
I do not pick leaves as offerings, and I do not worship idols.
Without devotional worship of the Lord, service is useless.
I worship the True Guru; forever and ever, I surrender to Him.
By such service, I find peace in the Court of the Lord.
People say that Kabir has gone insane.
Only the Lord realizes the secret of Kabir.
Turning away from the world,
I have forgotten both my social class and ancestry.
My weaving now is in the most profound celestial stillness.”

---- The Guru Granth Sahib; Param Sant Kabir, page 1158.
****

No comments:

Post a Comment